Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon


4/50

4/5 ๐ŸŒŸ

❝Some people are made stronger by loss. Others are broken by it.❞

❝Sometimes a lie isn’t what’s said, but what’s unsaid. An omission.❞

A mysterious, dark, and hauntingly beautiful read.

+I enjoyed reading this creepy and mysterious book. It just piqued my curiosity. Very engaging and a page-turner. Since I love The Winter People. I got curious about her other books too.

+Despite the fact that I predicted what will happen, it still surprised me. There's a lot of twists. It's beautifully structured. And you'll feel anxious while you're reading because you want to know what really happened. Or what's in the 29th room? I like that feeling. I was always too eager to know what happened next resulting in keeping reading until I finish it in one sitting. I guess that's what I love about how McMahon writes. It gives you various reasons to continue reading.

+How I wish there's more to Amy's story or history of the monster. At times I feel it's a bit dragging and slow. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. If you like spooky whodunit stories, complex mystery, and well-written prose, this is for you.

P.S.
If you haven't read The Winter People, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! ๐Ÿ˜Š

RD: 01/17/2022

#januaryread #jennifermcmahon #thenightsister #readingwrapup #bookstagram #bibliobibuli #randomunbosom #thebookrebellion #bookwhore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jujutsu Kaisen ❣️

Rating: 9/10 ๐ŸŒŸ⁣ ⁣ "Strength is built based on the accumulation of results....